Easter was, of course, an absolute blast with my family. It definitely isn’t the same as when I was a kid, but I enjoy it just as much. My mom still makes me an Easter basket full of goodies, but I do miss decorating eggs and going on a search throughout the house. One of my favorite parts of this particular holiday, if you haven’t guessed, is the food. Mashed potatoes, green beans and ham create the perfect holiday dinner.
I was starving by 5 p.m. and couldn’t wait for food any longer. I had to make a delicious appetizer for us all to munch on before our meal. I decided to make a creamy spinach dip, which is basically a whole lot of melted cheese. It’s insanely delicious.
2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
1 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach
2/3 cup sour cream
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons minced garlic
- You’ll want to preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw out the frozen spinach in the microwave. 7 minutes on high, covered, then take out and mix it around. Put it back in for another 2 minutes.
- Dump the spinach into a bowl and mix in the Italian blend cheese. Once this is all mixed together, combine the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.
- Pop this into the oven for about 25 minutes, maybe even 30.
- Take it out, mix it around, and top it off with some more cheese.
If you can’t tell, I’m obsessed with cheese, and you will be too after this app.
You can really use anything to dip into this creamy spinach dip. We used tortilla chips, but you can also use crackers or toasted bread.
The dip is to die for and it will hold you over until your big holiday meal. It was the perfect touch for Easter dinner.